Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brother, Police Car and Mall Crasher

  • Please sign my Guestbook


  • Last night I went shopping with my brother at a second-hand-store.  He pulled up to the store in a big black and white Chevy Caprice Classic - an old police car without the emblams.

    I automatically figured he bought it at an auction... so we went in the store.

    I'm fuzzy on what transpired in the store, but I do remember walkiing out with clothes-on-hangers draped over my shoulder.  I couldn't see Tom's (my brother's) car. 

    We walked and walked.  He was walking considerably faster than I was and finally I asked, "Did you park far enough away?"

    We finally made it to his car.  He parked it close to the Mall building - near what looked like an attached Mixican-cantina-eaterie.  You know, like you could park outside and go in to eat, or you could get into the eaterie by going through the mall.

    I could tell it was Mexican because of the stucco arches and the  basic adobe looking exterior.

    Tom's car was parked  in the nook where the shopps store front jutted out from the rest of the mall, like he was "playing" a cop who was watching for speeders.  I also thought he did this so maybe he'd have a better-cooler parking place.

    So, I opened the door and put my clothes in the back seat.  (Suddenly the car was 2-door instead of 4-door. I got in.  Tom got in.

    Then he started showing off.  He gunned the engine toward the interstate off-ramp!  A car was coming down that ramp so Tom hit the brakes and slammed it into reverse.  (I thought it was odd because I didn't feel any inertia at all.

    So, the car was slammed in reverse, and he hit the gas again.  Tom said something like, "Isn't it cool how this car seems to drive itself?"  He was picking up speed in reveerse, without looking back.

    I on the other hand was looking!  I saw the Mall building (what looked like the Automotive center garage wall) approaching quickly from the rear.  I yelled, "You're gonna hit the wall!"  He said, "No I won't.  Don't worry.  I got this."  Then his rear passanger quarter panel smashed into the split-faced-cinderblock wall.

    The car smashed into the wall like a Stock Car at Daytona, and crumbled.

    This upset me terribly.  I started crying my eyes out.

    I had the feeling that I was glad to finally be crying.  Like I needed to cry.  I was sheilding my eyes from my brothers view, but simultaneously wanted him to know I was crying.  As I would sneek a peek through my fingers, I did see that he too was crying.

    Oh yea, when he hit the wall he exclaimed, "Oh man.... man!"

    This is all I remember of this dream.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home