Saturday, June 01, 2013

Hutch Mover, Childhood Home Ghost, Sleep Pretender

June 1, 2013  

This dream began with a guy showing myself and a few other people a cabinet.  It was (I think he called it) a hutch.  (I don’t know how one would define a hutch so I’ll take his word for it).  It was tall and wide.  It had 4 distinct narrow legs and three distinct wide compartments; one atop the other.  

The guy swung out the top door.  I noticed the heavy grain of the wood it was made from and heard the heavy ‘thunk’ as the cabinet door was closed.

The middle compartment had a ‘swing down’ door on it.  He pulled it out to show how roomy the big cabinet was and someone in the room said, “I love a cabinet made out of solid wood”.

The next thing I know, myself and 2 other people were carrying the hutch across a yard to a house.  It was a long way.

I had the sense that I was on a commune or in a Mennonite  community.
A guy and girl were helping to carry it to the house across the field.  I said I was impressed that the girl, as small as she was (she was about 18 years ole and about 5 feet tall) was able to help as much as she did.  

She then went on to explain and demonstrate how she adjusted and readjusted her grip.  She said and demonstrated, “first I hold it here.  Then I hold it here, then I even hold it in the middle.”  She concluded with, “I even get under it hold it like this”.  

I couldn’t see here get under it because of how I was holding it, but I did see here shadow-form crouch down beneath the hutch.

Then we were at the front of the house.  It was white with vinyl
siding.  At the right end of the house we stopped at a small door.  It was only about 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

I said, “there’s no way this is getting through there!”  Then I said, “hang on a minute”.

I went along the front of the house to find another way in.  I passed an opened garage door and went inside.

Suddenly I started to recognize the house.

As I found the stairs leading up to the home’s main living floor I thought how coincidental it was that this home (on the inside) was looking and sounding more and more like the home of my childhood.

I heard the distinct sounds of my footsteps on the stairs and the chain latch jingling as I opened the door.  I went into the room, moved my way to the right, down the hallway looking to the right as I went.  I passed the room my mother now sleeps in.  It looked neat and tidy.  Then I went past my old bedroom… it had two twin size  beds in there parallel and right up against eacholher.

I went to the left toward the master bedroom section of the house that my mother converted into an independent apartment.  

I have to tell you I felt kind of like a ghost at this point.

I was just moving about  looking.  Then I heard someone coming into the room.  I laid down on the floor on the side of a couch and pretended that I was sleeping.  I was pretending that I was sleeping, I guess a kind of ‘dream-gag’ and I was hoping whomever came in the room wouldn’t think I had fainted.  I think it was my wife, Candy.

This is all I remember of this dream.



  • Please sign my Guestbook
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home