Monday, July 01, 2013

.44 Magnum, Background Check, Police and weird Scope

Dream prior to waking on July 1, 2013:

I was with a man at what appeared to be a shooting range.  He had a large revolver with a large scope attached to the top of it's barrel. 

The next thing I realize is I'm standing in the midst of several police officers.  One of them is explaining to the group that my background  information hadn't come back yet.

Apparently, I was being checked to see if I could lawfully possess a firearm (which I knew I could), so I told the officers I had a 9mm handgun at home and had it for years. 

This admission was not alarming to the officers, I guess because of the confidence in my voice.

As I stood there watching one of the officers sight down the barrel of the large pistol, I figured it was a "Dirty Harry" style .44cal magnum, I noticed my little doggy, Holly, was there with us.

We were all assembled near an opening of a chain link fence just chatting when I then noticed the officer who had the pistol stopped looking down the scope, lowered his arm with the gun pointing away from any person.  The thing was, I noticed the guy was carelessly and unintentionally  pointing the firearm at my dog.  I also noticed the hammer was cocked and ready to fire.

I spoke up quickly saying, "Hey, stop pointing that thing at my dog!"  He had his finger on the trigger, but removed it and handed the weapon to me.

I picked the thing up and sighted down the scope... it was weird looking.

As I looked, the target image remained still in the aperture, but the point where the  image was magnified and supposed to be projected into my eye kept moving around... kind of like a bubble on a carpenter's level moves around.  I could see that the scope would take some getting used to.

This is all I remember of this dream.

  • Please sign my Guestbook

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home